A few posts ago we announced that Career Resumes does LinkedIn Makeovers. On December 17th I’ll do a 90 minute webinar on how executives can use LinkedIn (and Facebook) for their job search, and what roles they have in your career management.
Here’s the info for the webinar, you can click on this Experts Connection link to register (it’s only $50):
Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Time: 4:00-5:30 PM Eastern, 1:00-2:30 PM Pacific
Class Description: LinkedIn is the professional network recruiters and hiring managers use to find talent. As important, it is the social network other professionals and executives use to find partners, customers and business relationships. It is not a hotbed of job seekers…rather…decision makers. If you are not using LinkedIn, you are missing out on a viable way to optimize opportunities that are available. This presentation is designed for executives…to help you understand ways to optimize LinkedIn. We’ll cover a number of tactics you can implement immediately to grow your network, nurture individual relationships, while putting your professional brand in front of your immediate and extended network.
Facebook is regarded as a popular hangout for a younger crowd…but that crowd has grown up and started in hiring manager and influencer roles. We’ll explore techniques you can implement on Facebook to network, share your brand and communicate with other professionals.
In this 90 minute session you will learn:
- How to create your LinkedIn profile to increase odds of being found.
- How to best communicate with your LinkedIn network.
- How to use the LinkedIn search features for an executive job search.
- How to use LinkedIn “Answers” as a strategy to enhance your personal brand.
- How to use new LinkedIn features to communicate with network contacts and professionals who should know you.
- The best way to get the “right” recommendations on your LinkedIn profile.
- How to create a compelling Facebook profile.
- Two techniques to find professionals in your field on Facebook.
- Elements of a connection strategy for both platforms.